Debian Edu is a Debian based operating system that fits the requirements of schools and
similar institutions. It allows one to set up a
and integrates a large number of educational software packages grouped into topic or education
level related meta-packages
; it's a Debian Pure Blend
Dedicated official Debian installation media are available.
Detailed information is provided on the Debian Edu Wiki
and in the manuals
Just try Debian Edu, if you
- have to administrate a computer lab or a whole school network
- would like to install servers, workstations and laptops which will then work together
- want the stability of Debian with network services already preconfigured
- wish to have a web-based tool to manage systems and several hundred or more user accounts
- asked yourself if and how older computers could be used
Download / Installation / Manuals
The status pages for the current (Bullseye)
and upcoming (Bookworm)
release contain up-to-date download locations.
Detailed installation instructions are part of the related manuals; these
manuals are available in more then ten languages.
GOsa² Administration Tool
Debian Edu Bullseye Xfce Desktop